The Department of Urdu wasestablished in the college on 1975. The Department has always achievedcent-percent results. Though catering to a small number of students, it haskept alive the love of Urdu among the younger generation.
· Urdu department has always beenactive for the development and progress of Urdu as a language and literature.
· Improving the range, depth andinternational recognition of research and scholarly activities
? Toprovide an opportunity for those who want to learn Urdu through I year & IIyear UG courses in Urdu besides B.A, B. Sc, B.Com, B.BM in urdu.
? Tocreate an environment of better teaching and learning process involving facultymember and students through monthly departmental seminar and discussion besidesclassroom teaching
· Urdu is the mother tongue of themajority of the students.
· Academically competent andskilled faculty
· Students strength below average
· Students are participating inco-curricular activities
· To take up research work
· Inspiring the students to developthe attitude of composing poems, writing short stories, articles etc.,
· Involving students in translationactivities.
· To introduce optional Urdu coursein B.A programme.