DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE (PG)
Name of the department
Year of Establishment
SriAdichunchanagiri College will lead higher education in preparing student’s forinnovative, creative & successful careers in global society.
Consistent withour vision Sri Adichunchanagiri College (PG Department) provides educationalprogrammes and services that promote students’ achievement and empowersstudents to succeed in a challenging world.
· Weinspire students to learn, & to develop as a whole people: intellectually,physically & emotionally.
· Weinspire students to continue learning throughout life.
OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
· TheDepartment aims to give quality education.
· Toachieve professional Excellency throughquality education.
· Toprovide opportunity to develop individual/ personal traits of the studentsthrough Commerce Forum which organizes activities like: industrial visits, special lectures, market survey ,projects etc.,
· Creatingawareness among the students about the opportunities in higher studies like CA / ICWA/ICS /P HD/ M.Phil.etc.,
SWOCanalysis of the department and Future plans
1. Conducting workshop/seminars forstudents to improve their skill sets
2. Good number of young faculty to holdany responsibility of the department.
3. Brand name
1. Faculty does not get sufficientopportunities to attend Seminar/Conference because of semester system andcontinuous evaluations.
2. Rural students with language problems
3. Not getting any financial assistancefrom the government central/state
1. Industrial visit to enhance thepractical knowledge
2. Plan to start certificate course
3. Can introduce related and supportingcourses
4. Encouraging for research work &other professional exams such as SLET,NET,CA,ICWA & other add on course
1. Language problem as the students are from rural area
2. To have employability skills
3. Appointment of Ph.D. faculty members in future
4. To establish a research Centre of ourown
1. Certificate or Add on course to beconducted for the M.Com students
2. Industrial visit to be conducted everyyear.
3. To introduce more elective papers
4. To invite Industrialist and other entrepreneur for Special Lecturer
5. To guide the students to take upResearch Activities.